I have been practicing insurance law since 1994. Born and raised in Montreal, I began my career in Edmonton with my article and first five years of practice at a large firm. I then had a unique opportunity to work for several years as an in-house litigator for a major insurer where I learned what insurers want and value from their lawyers. Working with clients to provide assessments that are realistic and strategies that are effective is key. I find that being on top of the file at every step will move it forward and open it up to settlement negotiation at every opportunity. Since returning to a law firm practice in 2009 with CBM Lawyers, I have been fortunate to continue to work with a variety of insurance clients on a broad range of interesting and challenging matters, with particular emphasis on bodily injury defence.
Had I not become a lawyer, a career on the stage would have been for me – there may still be time.
- Called to the Bar of Alberta – 1994
- University of Windsor: Bachelor of Laws – 1993
- McGill University: BA (Honours, Political Science) – 1990
- Member Canadian Bar Association, Insurance and Civil Litigation Subsections – 1998-present
- School Council Executive, Ecole Our Lady of the Prairies School – 2005-2012
- Past Director, Alberta Breast Cancer Foundation
- Past Committee Member, Fashion with Compassion
- Frequent presenter on Insurance Law topics for insurers