Although I officially started my practice in 1995 when I joined CBM Lawyers as an associate, anyone who knew me growing up will tell you that I have been practicing my arguments and debating skills a lot longer than that. The typical files that I handle are anything but typical. Often, the numerous parties involved in my files are dealing with very difficult circumstances such as a fatality, brain injury, or other form of catastrophic injury. I also handle complex commercial litigation, construction losses, and coverage disputes. In addition, I am pleased to offer my services as a mediator in all insurance matters. The files I act on are interesting on many levels and need someone who can not only effectively manage the challenging legal aspects of the case, but can also lead the process and the people involved. My proactive approach goes hand-in-hand with being forthright with my opinions and always carrying through with my plan of action. This allows me to achieve the best result possible for my clients.
I have had the good fortune to have lived in all three prairie provinces, and I love the beautiful blue prairie skies, even in the middle of winter. Many people don’t know that it was participating in the trial of Goldilocks in Grade 9 social studies class that drew me into the practice of law. Had it not been for that, I could have easily seen myself being a pastry chef for fun, but more realistically a doctor.
- Called to the Bar of Alberta – 1995
- University of Alberta: Bachelor of Laws (with Distinction) – 1994
- University of Manitoba: Faculty of Arts – 1989-1991
- Pepperdine University – Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution – Mediating the Litigated Case – 2022
- Named a leading practitioner in Personal Injury Law Representing Defendants by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory – 2017-2023
- Appointed Arbitrator under the Inter-Company Arbitration Agreement – 2011
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association Alberta Branch Working Group on Automobile Insurance Reform
- Past member of the Law Society of Alberta Credentials and Education Committee