Galan practices civil litigation in Alberta and neighbouring provinces. His area of focus is litigating insurance disputes regarding coverage, and tort litigation of claims involving property damage, complex fire losses, construction, product liability, and professional liability. Galan’s professional liability practice includes defence of industrial inspectors, insurance brokers, financial planners and advisors, pharmacists, architects, engineers and design professionals.
Galan has conducted trials in the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, the Alberta Provincial Court (Civil) and the Supreme Court of British Columbia and has conducted appeals to the Court of Appeal of Alberta. Galan’s practice includes extensive Judicial Dispute Resolution and mediation experience in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. On several occasions he has also been appointed to act as Umpire pursuant to the Alberta Insurance Dispute Resolution Process.
- Called to the Bar of Alberta – 1993
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia – 1992
- University of Alberta: Bachelor of Laws – 1991
- University of Alberta: BA – 1988
- Contact partner of Risk Management Counsel of Canada
- Past Director of the Kids’ Sport Society
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of DRI – The Voice of the Defence Bar
- Member of Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)