Court of Queen’s Bench:
- Bookings: Between March 16 and May 1, 2020, the Court will not be making any non-emergency or non-urgent bookings.
- Scheduled Bookings:
- All Chambers matters scheduled between March 16 and May 1, 2020 are adjourned sine die (to an uncertain date);
- All Civil Trials not yet commenced are adjourned sine die;
- All civil trials currently in process must be rescheduled in consultation with the trial judge;
- All JDRs, Pre-Trial Conferences, Case Management meetings and Review Officer hearings are cancelled and must be rescheduled.
- Filing: the Court will accept filing, though only persons required to be present will be allowed access.
- The Court has suspended all filing deadlines except those applicable to the commencement of proceedings, including originating applications. **This means all limitations for filing to commence a matter must still be respected.
- Cancellations: All civil matters, including trials, chambers applications and pretrial conferences scheduled to be heard before May 22, 2020 are adjourned indefinitely.
- Matters scheduled for after May 22, 2020 remain as scheduled.
- Filing: only time sensitive documents will be filed, which includes limitation-sensitive documents, applications to extend time for service, dispute notes, notices of appeal, or applications of an emergent nature (to be determined by the Court).