Tara Lawson, Partner
Originally from Montreal, I began my career in Edmonton at a large-size firm focusing on insurance defence. I then had a unique opportunity to work for several years as an in-house litigator for a major insurer where I learned what insurers want and value from their lawyers. Working with clients to provide assessments that are reliable and recommendations that are practical is key. I find that knowing the file at every step results in moving it forward and negotiating at every opportunity. Since resuming private practice in 2009 with CBM Lawyers, I have continued to work with insurers on a broad range of files, with particular emphasis on bodily injury defence. I was fortunate to join the partnership in 2012.
- Year called to the Bar of Alberta – 1994
- University of Windsor: Bachelor of Laws – 1993
- McGill University: Bachelor of Arts (Honours, Political Science) – 1990
- School Council Executive, Ecole Our Lady of the Prairies School, 2005 – 2012
- Board of Directors, Alberta Breast Cancer Foundation, 1998-1999
- Fashion with Compassion Committee, 1996-1998