Shawn Sipma, Partner
My legal career essentially started in high school in rural Alberta when I took a few law courses by correspondence. I was hooked straight-away and after moving to Edmonton to attend University, I was called to the Bar of Alberta in 2001.
My practice is focused on the defence of personal injury, property loss, motor vehicle accident, slip & fall, professional liability and municipal insurance claims. Every file is different, but no matter what kind of claim I am defending, I work hard to identify the hot button issues that are motivating the plaintiff’s claim and the typical tactics used by their counsel. This knowledge helps me focus my efforts and develop a strategy to bring about a timely and cost-effective resolution to the dispute.
- Year called to the Yukon Bar – 2015
- Year called to the Bar of Alberta – 2001
- University of Alberta: Bachelor of Laws – 2000
- University of Alberta: Bachelor of Arts – 1997
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Insurance and Civil Litigation Sub-Sections
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, Defence Research Institute
- Member, The Advocates Society