Makenzie Johnston, Associate
My practice has focused on insurance litigation since I was admitted to the Alberta Bar in 2019 after completing my articles with CBM Lawyers. As an associate, I represent clients in property loss, motor vehicle accident defence, and subrogated matters. I also have experience assisting on large complex loss litigation matters. I have appeared before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, and the Supreme Court of British Columbia.
I have always enjoyed navigating the intricacies of the litigation process and completing the wide range of tasks needed to find solutions at each stage of a file.
- Called to the Bar of Alberta – 2019
- Thompson Rivers University: Juris Doctor – 2018
- Dean’s List: 2016-2018
- TRU Dean’s Course Prize, Administrative Law
- TRU Dean’s Course Prize, Environmental Law
- The King’s University: Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) – 2014
- ACAC Academic Athlete 2011-2014