Makenzie Johnston, Student-at-law
As my legal education progressed and I learnt about the practice of law during my summer placements, I became more and more interested in litigation. I hope to build a legal career that allows me to put my legal research, writing, and advocacy skills to good use. I enjoy navigating the intricacies of the litigation process and completing the wide-range of tasks needed to find solutions at each stage of a file. While studying, I also had the opportunity to work for a mediator where I learned how important strong oral advocacy and negotiation skills are in furthering your client’s interests.
As a student-at-law with CBM, my responsibilities range from attendance at Chambers for various applications, drafting pleadings and conducting legal research. In my spare time, you can find me in the mountains where I enjoy trail running in the summer and skiing in the winter.
- Thompson Rivers University: Juris Doctor – 2018
- Dean’s List: 2016-2017
- TRU Dean’s Course Prize, Administrative Law
- TRU Dean’s Course Prize, Environmental Law
- The King’s University: Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) – 2014
- ACAC Academic Athlete 2011-2014