Kimberly Wasylenchuk, Associate
Prior to starting my career as a Lawyer, I worked as a litigation paralegal at a large Edmonton law firm where I engaged with litigation technology and, in so doing, acquired eDiscovery and evidence management experience on complex insurance and commercial litigation matters. It is my diverse experience, acquired from both my paralegal and lawyer contexts, that enables me to represent my clients in an effective manner. I personally view the lawyer/client relationship as a service based partnership. My interest in litigation technology motivates me to bring innovation into my practice by incorporating available technologies and staying current on emerging trends in the industry. In turn, providing the best value for my clients.
I was called to the Bar in September 2017, and have since focused my practice on insurance litigation. I have acted as defence counsel on both property and tort insurance matters, as well as plaintiff counsel on a variety of subrogated matters. My initiative and wealth of experience has placed me as second chair on a professional negligence trial in the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta. I recently assisted on an Appellate matter and appeared before the Court of Appeal of Alberta. My unique skill set and strong analytical ability enables me to effectively advocate for my clients’ interests and achieve a positive outcome.
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia – 2018
- Called to the Bar of Alberta – 2017
- University of Birmingham: Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) – 2015
- Silver Award from the Centre for Professional Legal Education & Research in recognition of outstanding commitment to extra-curricular activity
- University of Alberta: Bachelor of Arts – History & Classical Studies – 2012