Kate Faught, Partner
When you grow up in a very small town you learn quickly that your reputation is one of your most important assets. That is why I strive every day to represent my clients in a fair, practical, professional and principled manner. My insurance defence practice is focused on complex personal injury claims as well as property and professional negligence matters.
Every file has key issues that need to be identified and resolved. Focusing my energy on the big picture, and eliminating distractions and red herrings, helps me deliver the efficient and effective representation my clients require. I enjoy being able to use all the tools at a litigator’s disposal to successfully defend a claim. Whether my day has been spent writing opinions, researching specific points of law, arguing my client’s position in Chambers or advancing my argument in a mediation, my focus is always on problem solving and working productively with all the parties involved.
In addition to insurance defence, I also act on estate matters including estate planning, administration and estate litigation. It is important to me to help these clients navigate the often complex legal process and to ensure that we have achieved a result that meets their needs.
- Called to the Bar of Alberta – 2006
- University of Alberta, Bachelor of Law (With Distinction) – 2005
- University of Alberta, Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) With Distinction– 2002
- Member of Canadian Bar Association Insurance and Wills & Estates Sections (2005- Current)
- Volunteer and Presenter for LESA and CPLED courses (2013 – current)
- Chairperson, School Advisory Counsel for St. Monica School (current)
- Past Director, Alberta Caregivers Association, now Caregivers Alberta (2012-2014)