Carolyn Mah-Kabaroff, Associate
The fascinating thing about the law is how broad a range of skills you need to have to be an effective advocate for your client. On the one hand, you need great attention to detail and perseverance in order to pick apart the key issues in a dispute. You also need to think about the big picture when developing the strategy and steps needed for resolving each particular case. As an associate, I use these skills to take the lead on subrogated property damage claims, defence bodily injury claims, corporate and real estate matters. I also often assist on large and complex matters by conducting research, preparing quantum and liability assessments, and advocating at pre-trial court applications. To help my clients find the best solution to a claim, I believe it is important to consider both sides of the argument. This helps me provide well-rounded, thorough and effective legal advice.
- Co-Founder and Director of YEGpeople – a digital publication aimed at inspiring and engaging Edmontonians by highlighting local role models and showcasing local food and events
- Year called to the Bar of Alberta – 2014
- National Committee on Accreditation, Certificate of Qualification – 2013
- Cardiff University: Bachelor of Laws (Honors) – 2012
- University of Alberta: Bachelor of Arts (Political Science, French Language and Literature) – 2008