Brian Thompson, Partner
I was admitted to the Alberta Bar in 2005, joined Chomicki Baril Mah LLP in 2008 and became a Partner in 2013. My practice is focused primarily on insurance-related matters and insurance defence litigation. I have represented clients at the Provincial Court, at the Court of Queens’ Bench, and also in various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including private mediations and JDR’s. I have a forward-thinking style that allows me to effectively assess my clients’ risks and potential exposure and helps me stay a step ahead of the other parties involved in a dispute. My clients always appreciate hearing my candid analysis of the situation and how the matter is likely to progress. I am committed to putting my clients in the strongest position possible by always fighting for the best possible outcome.
- Year called to the Bar of British Columbia – 2013
- Year called to the Bar of Alberta – 2005
- University of Saskatchewan: Bachelor of Laws Degree – 2003
- University of Alberta: Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) Degree – 1999
- Elected to the partnership of CBM – 2013