Brian Murnaghan, Associate
You might be wondering what a former plaintiffs’ lawyer from Toronto is doing in Edmonton acting on insurance defence files. That experience has equipped me with tools and insights that help me settle files quickly and effectively. Anticipating plaintiff counsel strategy helps, but it is the ability to empathize and understand what plaintiffs and their counsel are looking for, beyond money, that helps me find a satisfactory resolution. Prior to law school I studied Biomedical Sciences and developed an understanding of injuries, as well and their symptoms and treatments. Synthesizing that information into accurate assessments and timely recommendations helps me build productive relationships with my clients. In addition to bodily injury claims, I also act on property claims, fire and water loses, professional negligence and subrogation. Outside of the office you can catch me at the gym or cheering on my new and old favourite hockey teams.
- Called to the Bar of Alberta – 2018
- Commission Counsel, Military Police Complaints Commission – 2012 to 2014
- Called to the Bar of Ontario – 2012
- University of Western Ontario: Juris Doctor – 2011
- University of Guelph: Hon. B.Sc. Biomedical Sciences, with distinction – 2007