SPECIFIC AREA OF PRACTICE
When visitors to commercial premises are injured there can be a significant number of factors to examine before determining where responsibility for the loss should lay. At CBM we have been advising insurers and their clients on occupiers liability matters for many years.
We work with insurers and their clients in all aspects of occupier’s liability claims including:
- Assessing liability
- Determining if the condition of the property met the required duty of care
- Reviewing and advising on the standard of care
- Determining coverage requirement when there are concurrent occupiers
- Voluntary assumption of risk
- Incidents involving alcohol consumption
- Dog bites
- Incidents involving independent contractors
- Assessment of injuries
- Contributory negligence
Occupiers liability incidents occur anywhere and everywhere We have acted on many matters involving construction sites, bars & restaurants, retail stores and malls, government services buildings, office complexes and leisure facilities, to name a few.